BEWARE OF THE WOLVES
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Matt 7:15-16.
Have ever walked up to a house to knock on the door, you see a sign “beware of dog”? What would you do? You’ll stop right away. Imagine a sign “beware of wolf”! I think you would think twice. Jesus says, “Beware of the wolves, false prophets within the church. For they have disguised themselves in sheep’s clothing.” Now when Jesus says beware. Don’t you think we ought to beware? These wolves are both dangerous and deceptive. We cannot be wise and not beware. Many times warnings have gone unheeded. If ever a generation needed to be warned about false prophets. It is this one. False prophets have honeycombed this word with deceptive teaching. Our Lord said in Matthew 24: 24, “For there shall arise false christ’s, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Sometime satan comes against the church by persecution, But when persecution won’t work. He has a better way and that is infiltration. A great danger to today’s church is the infiltration of false prophets wearing sheep’s clothing. The apostle Paul warned, in 1 Corinthians 11: 13 – 14, satan is the captain of camouflage, the master of deceit. Repeatedly the Bible warns us of false prophets.
- BEWARE OF THE FLEECY THEY WEAR: all of them will be wearing sheepskin, they appearing to be the flock. But pull back the sheepskin and it will reveal the wolf beneath. Some will pervert the gospel. 1 john 1: 17. A false prophet will offer another way. Works, not grace. Culture, not Calvary. Faith in works rather than faith in the Blood of the Lamb
- a. Those who pervert the gospel are false prophets. Some will prostitute the gospel. Like the prophet Balaam. They’re trying to serve God and rate off a few profits on the side. Balaam didn’t pervert the gospel, but he was apostate, he was orthodox but greedy. Many prophets trim their massages for personal gain, popularity or power. They spell prophet “P – R – O – F – I – T” they may stand up and preach the blood. But they sell it the way dealers sell cars. “They peddle the Word of God. The alteration the word of God for money and materials, this is wrong for we didn’t seen the Lord Jesus Christ act as this with word of His Father in Heaven, “Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” (John 5: 19) “2 Corinthians 2: 17.
- BEWARE OF THE FRUITS THEY BEAR: Matthew 7: 16 – 19. You will know them by their fruits. How do you judge a preacher? Not merely by what he preaches but what he produces. The devil cannot continue the deception forever because the fruit is going to emerge. What’s the mark of a man of God? The people will know Jesus because of him.
- BEWARE OF THE FAITH THEY SHARE: Matthew 7: 21. They have spiritual activity without scriptural authoritative balance. In spite of their profession, preaching, power or performance. They never knew the Lord Jesus Christ intimacy, and He never knew them also. They have lost their salvation. They never had it. What they do, they do through the power of the great deceiver. Satan himself.
- STAND ON GOD’S WORD: Proverbs 30: 5, Revelation 21: 5; How do you recognize a false prophet? If what he says does not square with the word of God. Then he is false prophet. Study the faith, and you won’t be drawn into a false cult. Get a bulldog grip on the word of God. Let the Holy Spirit speak to you. Beware! Don’t put your faith in anyone else but on Jesus alone. For if you do you’ll be fodder for ravenous wolves. Rev. 22: 6; beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.